A duplicate New Hampshire title is provided when a vehicle’s original title is lost, stolen, or destroyed. When a duplicate title is created, the original title is rendered invalid. The existing owner, lienholder, or a New Hampshire licensed dealer may request a duplicate title for a car.
How to Get or Replace a Duplicate New Hampshire Title
To obtain a replacement title in New Hampshire, you can request one by mail or in person at any DMV office.
How much does it cost to get a duplicate title in New Hampshire?
Replacing a New Hampshire title costs $25.00.
Items Required to Get a Duplicate New Hampshire Title
You must complete an Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title (Form TDMV18) to obtain a duplicate title. You must also have your driver’s license or a valid photo I.D.
Other items you may need:
- Driver’s License Number for Each Owner
- License Plate Number
- Vehicle’s VIN, Year, Make, Model, Body Type, and Color
- Current Odometer Reading
- Title Number
- The lien holder must apply for the duplicate title if a lien is present on the title record. If the lien has been satisfied, you must complete a Release of Lien or Other Encumbrances (Form TDMV 20a). (if applicable)
How to Get a Duplicate New Hampshire Title In Person
To replace a title in person, you must:
- Locate the nearest New Hampshire Department of Motor Vehicles office.
- Show ID and proof of vehicle ownership.
- Submit your Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title (Form TDMV18).
- Pay the $25.00 title fee.
How to Get a Duplicate New Hampshire Title by Mail
- Fill out your Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title (Form TDMV18).
- When two individuals are listed as owners on a title, each one must sign the application for a duplicate. The duplicate title will then be sent to the first individual listed on the title.
- Include an accepted form of payment for the $25.00 title fee.
- Send the form and payment to the address listed below:
NH Dept. of Safety
DMV – Title
23 Hazen Drive
Concord NH 03305
By mail, payment methods accepted are:
- Money Order
Ensure that you write the recipient as NH DMV when you make the payment.
How long does it take to get a duplicate title in New Hampshire?
After receiving and verifying the application, a duplicate title will be generated and sent to the vehicle owner through mail within a period of five to ten calendar days.
|Form Name||Form Number||Description|
|Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title||Form TDMV18||This form is used to request a replacement vehicle title from the New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles.|
|Release of Lien or Other Encumbrances||Form TDMV 20a||This form is used to release a lien from a New Hampshire vehicle title.|