Is there a problem with your vehicle’s Idaho title? Was it misplaced, damaged, or stolen? If so, you should apply for a duplicate Idaho title through Idaho’s Transportation Department.
If you ever intend to transfer ownership of your vehicle, having the title in order is important. This is the legal document that proves you own the vehicle. You can’t sell it, donate it, or complete your vehicle registration or renewals without it, so keep it safe!
What vehicles are eligible for duplicate titles in Idaho?
All Idaho titles are issued by the Idaho Transportation Department. The following vehicles are eligible to apply for a duplicate title:
- Vehicles 10 years old or older
- Vehicles more than 16,000 lbs. gross vehicle weight
- Off-highway vehicles such as motorbikes, ATVs, UTVs, and snowmobiles without an odometer
What will I need to get a duplicate title in Idaho?
To obtain a replacement title in Idaho, you must gather all of the necessary information and documents, which include the following:
- A Completed Duplicate Idaho Title Application (From ITD 3367)
- This form cannot be used to transfer ownership to a buyer or transferee.
- When you fill out the application, you’ll notice that it asks for both the vehicle/hull identification number and the title number. Simply check your vehicle registration; they should both be listed there. Alternatively, you can add $7 to the duplicate title fee to cover the cost of a title record search.
- Make sure to Notarize the application.
- If you apply for a duplicate title in person, your signature does not need to be notarized as long as it is witnessed by an assessor or a deputy assessor.
- Current, Valid Idaho Driver’s License or an ID Card
- $14.00 Duplicate Title Fee
- Add $7.00 if you do not have your title number and vehicle number.
- Add $26.00 for a RUSH fee if you need to receive the duplicate title faster.
How can I apply to get a duplicate title in Idaho?
In Idaho, you can apply for a duplicate title in person, or by mail.
Apply by Mail
For mail applications, include a filled out copy of the Duplicate Idaho Title Application (From ITD 3367) as well as the $14.00 application fee.
Make your check or money order out to DMV.
Send your form and fee to:
Ada County Processing Center
PO Box 140019
Garden City, ID 83714
NOTE: If you do not submit a fully completed application and the appropriate fees, your application will be returned. Also, do not attempt to fax your application; faxed copies will not be accepted.
Apply in Person
All owners listed on the original title will need to go to your local Georgia MVD Location to complete the application or you’ll need to get a limited power-of-attorney from those who can’t appear in person.
How long does it take to get a replacement title in Idaho?
If you submit application by mail or in person, you should expect to receive the title within two weeks, though it may arrive sooner.
You can pay a $26.00 RUSH fee to get the duplicate title faster. This fee is in addition to the $14.00 duplicate title fee, for a total fee of $40.00.
Idaho Vehicle Title Forms
|Form ITD 3367||Duplicate Idaho Title Application||Request a replacement vehicle title from the Idaho (ID) Division of Motor Vehicles.|
If you have additional questions, Idaho’s Title Assistance Unit can answer any questions you have about the process. They can be reached by phone at (208) 334-8000.