Is there a problem with your vehicle’s Arkansas title? Was it misplaced, damaged, or stolen? If so, you should apply for a duplicate Arkansas title.
If you ever intend to transfer ownership of your vehicle, having the title in order is important. This is the legal document that proves you own the vehicle. You can’t sell it, donate it, or complete your vehicle registration or renewals without it, so keep it safe!
How can I get a duplicate title when my vehicle was last titled in Arkansas?
The last titled owner(s) of record must sign an Application for a Duplicate Title (Form 10-381). (If jointly owned with owner names connected by “and” both must sign, if connected by “or” either may sign.)
A Permission to Issue a Replacement Title (Form 10-315) must be filled out and signed by the lien holder if a lien has been recorded and is still in force. The title will then be mailed to the lien holder.
- If the customer states that a recorded lien has been released, a lien release is required, in which case a notification will be sent to lien holder informing them that they have ten (10) business days to respond if the lien release is not valid.
- If the lien holder does not respond within ten (10) business days, the title will be printed and provided to the owner.
- If the lien holder responds that the lien release is not valid, the duplicate title will be mailed to the lien holder.
In addition to the above requirements, the applicant will need one of the following to identify the vehicle:
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- License Plate Number
- Title Number
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Arkansas residents can apply at any state revenue office. Please allow a minimum of three weeks processing time to receive your title.
Out-of-state applicants may submit their applications by mail or in person at any Arkansas state revenue office. Be sure to complete the address block where the title should be mailed.
Mail the signed application, a check for $10.00 made payable to the Department of Finance and Administration, a copy of the vehicle registration and applicable lien releases to:
Department of Finance and Administration
Special License Unit
P O Box 1272
Little Rock, AR 72203
Please allow a minimum of three weeks processing time to receive your title.
What is the cost to get a duplicate Arkansas certificate of title?
The cost for a replacement title is $10.00. Checks should be made payable to the Department of Finance and Administration.
How can I get a duplicate title when my vehicle was last titled outside of Arkansas?
The vehicle’s registered owner must apply for a duplicate title through the state where the vehicle was previously titled.